Changa manga (N.N.I) Saifullah Qadiri Attari was naturally blind in his left eye and he had gone for check-ups to the country's eminent eye specialists but none of them were able to offer a cure. On the contrary, doctors pronounced the problem to be incurable. It was with the divine power of Allah that Saifullah Qadiri Attari joined Dawat-e-Islami's Madani Qafila and travelled to village 'Vandwala Sandwa' adjacent to Gojranwala for the preaching of Islam. Here he was blessed with the sight of the Holy Prophet while sleeping in the Masjid. This blessing cured the natural blindness of his eye and the left eye became even better then the right one. (The daily 'khabrein' Tuesday 18th Rajab-ul-Murajjab 1421ah (17th October 2000)
2. Patient of paralyses
An Islamic brother has given his statement that one man suffering paralyses joined in the three day Madani Qafila. The man who was travelling with the intention of getting cured was Alhamdu-Lillah actually cured.
3. Colic was cured
Sha'baan-ul-Muazzam 1422ah, a Madani Qafila was on a journey to interior Sindh. One Islamic brother was suffering from blood in his excretion. During the journey, the problem got worse to the extent that he lost hope and decided to return back. One of the Mubaligheen encouraged and made him understand the blessings of the Madani Qafilay and thus the man became ready to continue the journey. Alhamdu-Lillah by the blessing of the Madani Qafila his illness was cured and he agreed to travel on more Madani Qafilay.
4. How did the illness of the stomach disappear?
An Islamic brother says, 'I was suffering from stomach problems. During the Madani Qafila I learnt the Sunnan os eating and Allah gave me the ability to act upon these. Alhamdu-Lillah my stomach problem disappeared.
5. Blind person gained eyesight
A 30 day Madani Qafila was travelling from Sarhad. A blind Islamic brother was also travelling in that Qafila. He kept on crying during Dua until the time that Allah granted him the blessing of eyesight.
(5) The practises of AhleSunnat are our identification. Hence don't delay in acting upon the practices. For example:
A. In the month of Rabi-un-Noor Shareef, celebrate the birthday of the Prophet with full happiness and joy. For the first twelve days, illuminate your house and shop etc. with lights and fly green flags for the whole month (even on vehicles). Decorate your local area and the Masajid etc. too with lights and flags. Whilst spending the night of holy birth (12 Rabi-un-Noor Shareef) in an Ijtima-e-Zikr-o-Naat, welcome the 'enlightened morning' while reciting Salaat-o-Salaam and holding the green flag in your hands as dawn approaches. On the day of 12 Rabi-un-Noor Shareef, meaning on the day of Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi take out the procession of Milad with calls of 'Marhaba'.
B. Always make arrangements for events such as Mairaj-un-Nabi , days of the blessed caliphs, giyarveen Shareef, and day of Raza on the 25th of Safar.
C. At times of Urs, arrange for Madani Qafilay to stay at Masajid which are by the graves of saints and invite the people towards good (Naiki ki Dawat) and in this way gain blessings from the saints of the grave.
(6) All Dawat-e-Islami brothers and sisters should obey Markazi Majlis-e-Shura, Intizaami Kabina of their country and all other Nigraans above them within the boundaries of Shariah and in this way should continue the Madani work of Dawat-e-Islami.
(7) Satan causes one to backbite and in this way causes great harm to religious work. Hence if you find something wrong in an Islamic brother, then instead of telling someone else and committing a major sin by backbiting, you should try to rectify the person in private in a mild manner. If you fail to rectify their mistake then remain silent and pray for the person. If there is a danger of religious harm by telling him in private or even by writing, co-operate with your area Zeli Nigaran in solving the problem. Otherwise abiding with the demand of Shariah, you can approach nigraans in higher positions. Remember! If without the permission of Shairah you criticised that Islamic brother even to a single person, no matter how important a responsible figure he is, then it will be a major sin and if because of you the person became public and organizational problems cropped up in the area and in turn harming the Madani tasks of Sunnah then you shall be responsible of causing religious unrest and you will be entitled to punishment.
(8) There will be two manners of doing a bayan in the Sunnah inspired Ijtima etc.:
A. Those 'Mubaligheen' who are distinguished in knowledge and practice and are fully capable of preaching (for example if they have accomplished the Dars-e-Nizami, moreover if their study is vast and they have a good memory, besides, if they do not commit errors which are against Shariah) then they will be permitted to do a bayan without the help of written material.
B. The Mubaligheen who are not distinguished in knowledge will make photocopies as per requirement from the books of AhleSunnat Ulama and then pasting these in their diaries and then will read from their diary.
(4) In Islam there is a great importance of 'Ulama' and because of their knowledge of religion they are more important in comparison to the masses. An Alim gains more reward for worshipping compared to a non-Alim hence it is stated by Hazrat'e Muhammad bin Ali that two rak'ats of Salaah of an Alim is more better than seventy rak'at of a non-Alim.(Kanzul Ummal, V10, P87)Therefore, it is necessary for all those who are connected with Dawat-e-Islami, rather for every Muslim that they never clash with the Ulama of AhleSunnat, always respect and honour Ulama and remain away from having hatred towards them and without the permission of Islamic jurisprudence, never be critical of their conduct and character and hence by backbiting them, committing a major sin and a Haraam deed leading to Hell. Hazrat'e Sayyiduna Abul Hafsul Kabeer says, 'on the day of judgement, the person who backbites an Alim will have written on his/her face: 'this person is deprived of the mercy of Allah' (Mukashifa-tul-Quloob, translated, page 160)
Hazrat'e Sayyiduna Abu Zar Ghifari has said, 'Ulama are the evidence and contention of Allah on this earth and so the one who finds faults with an Alim is ruined.'(Kanzul Uummal, V10, P77)
AlaHazrat Moulana Shah Ahmed Raza Khan says, 'To be critical of him (Alim) and to be objectionable to him is Haraam and it is poison for the one who because of this turns away from the guidance of religion and avoids seeking advantage or profit of Islamic rulings' (Fatawa-e-Razawaiiyah, V23, P711, Raza foundation Lahore)Those ignorant people should get fearful who on every instance babble away insulting words regarding the noble Ulama for example: 'Look out, this is Ulama sahib', 'Ulama are greedy', 'they are jealous of us', 'because of us now, no one takes them in account.' 'Leave him alone, he is after all a 'maulvi' (Allah forbid). Some people say, 'these mullahs', 'Ulama (Allah forbid) never did any task of Sunnism. At times expressing disapproval it is said, 'That person's manner of narrating is similar to that of 'maulvis'. Mentioning the manners of insulting Ulama and along with it the command of the Shariah regarding this, AlaHazrat says, 'If an Alim is criticised for the reason that he is an Alim, the slanderer is definitely a Kafir meaning a non believer. And if one regards obligatory the honour of an Alim because of his knowledge but if due to personal enmity one criticises him, speaks bad words about him and keeps contempt for him then such a person is a serious sinner and an immoral person. If one keeps malice without any reason then this sort of a person is deceased at the heart and is of foul internal self and infidelity is feared for him (meaning for him who willingly or not keeps malice. It is stated in khulasa that there is a fear of infidelity over the one who keeps malice for an Alim without any apparent reason. (Fatawa-e-Razawiyyah, V10, P140, Maktaba-e-Razwaiyyah) Examples of some blasphemous words and styles used for Shariat and the Ulama are presented. If in the past, (Allah forbid) someone insulted an Alim because of his status as an Alim then such a person must repent and renew his Imaan too. And if the person is married then he/she should also renew the Nikah and if the person is a Mureed of someone then he/she also should renew the allegiance (bait). It is Kufr to insult Shariah for example if someone said. 'I dont know shara'wara' or if someone was made known of a fatawa of an Alim and that person remarked, 'I do not believe a fatwa' or threw the fatwa on the ground (Derived from Bahar-e-Shariat, part 9, page 172)'What knowledge do maulvi's have?' This dialogue certainly shows contempt for the Ulama and contempt for the Ulama is disbelief. (Fatwa-e-Razawiyyah, V6, P24) the one who says, 'all maulvi's are immoral', Kufr is commanded for such a person (Fatawa-e-Amjadiyya, V4, P454) 'Ulama have ruined the country.' This is blasphemous. (Fatwa-e-Razawiyyah, V6, P115)Saying that 'maulvis' have parted the religion into pieces is also blasphemy. Saying that the religion was easy as sent down by Allah but the maulvis have made it difficult is blasphemous because belittling the descendants of The Holy Prophet and the Ulama is disbelief (Majma-ul-Anhaar, V2, P509) The statement that the knowledge that the Ulama teach is merely tales and stories or that it is merely wishful or deception or that 'I do not believe in the rulings of 'heela' which means that Shariah was called a set-up. All of these statements are disbelief. (Fatawa-e-Alamgiri, V2, P270)
The person who says, 'What will I do with knowledge? There should be money in the pocket' will have a ruling of disbelief placed on him. If someone told an Alim to go away and preserve knowledge in some utensil will become a disbeliever. (Fatawa-e-Alamgiri, V2, P271)
Remember! Respect is only for the Ulama-e-AhleSunnat. As for the deviant 'Ulama', you should even run away from their shadow. Respecting them is 'Haraam', listening to their speeches, reading their books and to adopt their companionship is Haraam and a deadly poison for Imaan (faith).
8 Madani flowers of Dawat-e-Islami from Ameer-e-AhleSunnat
(1) The basic motive of Dawat-e-Islami is to deliver 'Islamism' to the people of the world in such a way that the Mubaligheen themselves too act upon the 'Sunnah' and leaving the task of argumentative refute to the Ulema-e-AhleSunnat who are experts in the art.
(2) By Islamism it is meant those sayings and practises which were done by the Beloved of Allah , those sayings and practises which were preserved by Hazrat'e Sayyiduna Imam-e-Azam Abu Hanifa , Hazrat'e Sayyiduna Imam Malik , Hazrat'e Sayyiduna Imam Ahmad bin Hambal . The sayings and practises which were kept on being taught by Sayyiduna Imam Abul Hasan Ashari and Sayyiduna Imam Mansoor Maturidee . The sayings and practises which Ghous-e-Paak Sheikh Abdul Qadri Jilani , Khuwaja Gharib Nawaaz Huzoor Sayyiduna Khuwaja Moinul Haq Wad'deen Chishti , Huzoor Sayyiduna Sheikh Bahaul Haq Wad'deen Naqshbandi used to act upon. Those sayings and practises which were accepted by the Ulama-e-AhleSunnat, for example the author of rad-dul-muhtaar Sayyiduna Sheikh Muhammad Aminuddin ibn'e Abideen Shaami , Sayyiduna Shah Mullah Jivan Hindi , Sayyiduna Shah Abdul Aziz Muhaddis Dehlvi etc. and especially AlaHazrat Imam Ahmad Raza khan who narrated the explanations of these sayings and practises in the auspicious writings and manifested them in Al mu'tamadul mustanad, Tamheed-ul-Iman and Hussa-mul-Haramain etc.
(3) All Islamic brothers and Islamic sisters remain strongly on the path of AlaHazrat . The path of AlaHazrat is the same as that of the companions of the Holy Prophet and of our pious ancestors, the path that carries the belief that Allah is one and which also embodies the practicing of being his humble servant, besides the faith that the Holy Prophet is the last Prophet sent by Allah . Moreover to practice complete guardianship and love of Allah and His Beloved , not to refute any of the requirements of the religion, to remain completely away from insulting Allah and His Beloved and the companions etc.
'Tanzeem-e-Khuddamul Masajid' was established regarding the construction of Masajid. This organization is engaged in the Madani task of constructing Masajid and is using millions of rupees in the job. Alhamdu-Lillah in a brief period of two (2) or three (3) years till the time of this writing, more or less 100 Masajid have been constructed. The construction of Dawat-e-Islami's centers, universities and schools and the expenses for other tasks of preaching are met with the donations of Muslims, but not everybody is granted permission to collect donations etc. For this task it is necessary to obtain the permission of Markazi Majlis-e-Shura.
Madani Muzakra (Questions and answers)
Alhamdu-Lillah , Madani Muzakray are also held from time to time. And during this, Ameer-e-AhleSunnat provides answers to queries regarding different subjects (For example Articles of faith and of Actions, Islamic Jurisprudence and Religious ordinance, The Science of Islamic law, Medicine, History and Devotional exercises and stipulated religious tasks etc). These keep on coming in the public view through Maktaba-tul-Madina in the form of cassettes and printed articles. Do buy and listen to the cassettes of Madani Muzakray from Maktaba-tul-Madina stalls set up at the weekly Dawat-e-Islami Ijtima'aat at various places around the world. In'shaa-Allah you will be overjoyed to have obtained a priceless treasure in the form of queries and answers regarding knowledge and ethics. A great number of cassettes containing Madani Muzakray comprising of queries and then answers immersed in the passionate love of The Holy Prophet have already been issued by Maktaba-tul-Madina and further releases are in progress. Moreover, there also are countless cassettes of Sunnah inspired bayanaat. Buy these and listen to them yourself and make your house members listen also. In'shaa-Allah a Madani environment will be created in your home.
Largest Ijtima after Hajj
Alhamdu-Lillah a three (3) day annual international Ijtima takes places at 'Sehra-e-Madina' in the City of Saints Multan Shareef (Pakistan). Madani Qafilay from Pakistan itself and from different countries of the world arrive bringing along millions of Lovers of The Beloved . Memories of the pilgrimage of Mecca and Madina are relived. According to estimations this congregation of Dawat-e-Islami is the largest Ijtima of Muslims after Hajj. In spite of such a large crowd, Alhamdu-Lillah this Madani Ijtima is a magnificent example of good management, peace and unity. In the final stage of the Ijtima, the Dua takes place and even the most stone-hearted begin to cry, repent for their sins and promise to live a life full of Sunnah. Many Madani Qafilay for teaching the Sunnah comprising of 30 days, 12 days, 8 days and 3 days leave after the Ijtima.
In'shaa-Allah the Madani work of Dawat-e-Islami will inevitably become known amongst the Muslims of the world. The motive of everyone belonging to Dawat-e-Islami is: I must try to rectify myself and the people of the whole world. Markazi Majlis-e-Shura
'Council for research in jurisprudence' comprising of Ulama and Muftis attached to the Madani environment of Dawat-e-Islami has been established for solving the modern-day problems encountered by the 'Ummah' in the light of the fundamentals which have been narrated by The pious men of Islam .
Rise in fondness for reading books
Alhamdu-Lillah in order to bring the auspicious books of the Ulama of AhleSunnat sect, especially to make the books of AlaHazrat easy and for bringing the unprinted books in the public view, a committee named Al Madina-tul-Ilmiyyah comprising of AhleSunnat Alims attached to the Dawat-e-Islami atmosphere has been established. As the Madani work of Dawat-e-Islami progresses, so is the desire for reading religious books amongst Muslims. There used to be a time when hardly twenty (20) to thirty (30) books written by AhleSunnat Ulama were sold in any religious Ijtima, but now Alhamdu-Lillah these are sold in thousands. Modern book centers are being established. New authors are bringing their writing careers in the public view. Nowadays the prevailing business belief is that once a product takes off in the sales market, less attention is paid towards its standard quality and more towards its sales in numbers and to earn more and more. The same has been witnessed in the matter of books. Books full of excessive printing mistakes also started selling rapidly. To control this anxiety-causing circumstance, a number of Sunni book centers, modern-day authors and compilers affectionately attached with Dawat-e-Islami were called together and intensive counseling was carried out with them. They were told about the deviation spread by the printing of some books and regarding having sins written in their name until that book is read. They were impressed with this. The establishment of an investigative Committee for Books and writings was announced and it (the Committee) was made subordinate to Madina-tul-Ilmiyyah. With the majority of opinion it was agreed that only the Ulema will author books. Before being printed, the books would have to be submitted for scrutiny and then only, after obtaining permission would they go for printing. It was also agreed that unless the confirmation of The Investigative Committee for Books and Writings is not printed on a book, the permission for its sale in a Dawat-e-Islami Ijtima would not be given. (A prohibition on the sale of books authored by deviant writers is in force from before). The books that are printed in Dawat-e-Islami's esteemed institution Maktaba-tul-Madina and moreover the books of pious men of Islam have been excluded from the condition of confirmation. Beside the writings of nobles, the printing of the compositions of other poets too has been stipulated to the investigations of Ulama and Muftis who are experts in poetics. AlaHazrat says, 'The reading and hearing of anything which comprises of the rejection of the Jurisprudence is 'Haraam', for example the narratives and the verses which are against the jurisprudence. Especially those, which are insulting and belittling to the Prophets and Angels. Nowadays this is found abundantly in the ignorant Naat writers, although it is a word of infidelity,'(Fatawa-e-Razawiyyah, V9, P64, Published by Raza Academy, Bombay)
Ameer-e-AhleSunnatsays that only those Ulama who have knowledge of the art of poetry should write Naat. Insulting and blasphemous verses are often found in the poetry of such non-doctorate poets who do not keep in mind the Qur'an and Hadith. Apparently the following verse has been said for these kinds of poets:
Jahannam ko bhar dengay shaair hamare
(Our poets will be the ones to fill up Hell)
Non doctorate poets should get their poetry corrected by the Ulama who are experts in the art of poetry and who have their sight fixed on Qur'an and Hadith and after that, they undoubtedly can bring it in the public view.